Insulate your crawl space or basement with termite-resistant Bora-Foam™ for energy savings and passive geothermal gain.
Enclosing crawl spaces and insulating basements are growing trends. If done properly by a professional, you can fix mold and moisture issues and reduce your carbon footprint—not to mention your heating and cooling bill.
Bora-Foam is the first termite-resistant, expanded polystyrene insulation designed for basements and enclosed crawl spaces.
Bora-Foam At a Glance
- Resistant to termite damage
- Vapor permeance ≤0.08
- Provides R-11 insulation
- Safe for handling and noncorrosive
- Puncture resistant
- Easy cut lines
- 3 mil poly on each side of board
- 3/4 cut & can create inspection flap
- Won’t cut your hands like foil products
- No itch from fiberglass
- Meets ICC ES AC239 requirements for termite resistance foam plastic
- Is suitable for use in all areas of termite risk
- 100% recyclable and made using 10%-15% recycled content
- Meets requirements of IBC Section 2603.8
- Meets requirements of IRC Section 320.5
How it Works
Insulation helps keep basements and crawl spaces dry, clean and comfortable. Unfortunately, insulations are susceptible to termite infestation and can trap moisture.
Termites love to live, work and eat in comfortable and protected surroundings. All untreated insulations can potentially provide this environment. Most of the U.S. is susceptible to termite activity. It is important that insulation products and systems account for the potential of termite infestation.
- Termites reduce insulation & system performance.
- Termites cause problems for structural systems.
- Costs to control termites can continue indefinitely.